chapter 14 "motivating"

In this chapter, Kauflin talks about motiviating a crowd. It can be hard to play for an audience that is stagnant and unresponsive but there are right and wrong ways to motivate them to sing with you. One wrong way to motivate someone is to demand them to sing with you and for them to raise their hands   E can also blame it on the way we are giving them worship music. But it is not our fault. Like Kauflin says, "every Christian is resposible to worship god regardless of what we're going through or who's leading us. A worshiper worships God."

I think this is very important to keep in mind because we can very easily blame it on ourselves when we see people being unresponsive to our music. But we should keep in mind it is their job to worship. We are just here to give them music and an opportunity to worship. Everyone  worships in their own ways. Sometimes it looks like they are bored in the audience, but they are actually being moved by God.

Comments

  1. I agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes I feel unmotivated to play because the audience lacks the energy and excitement that I expected them to have, but we need to know that we cannot force people to conform to the way we want them to worship and that they might be worshipping in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your blog. Theres days my energy level is so low its hard to motivate. But even just a little spark cn really light a flame and bring energy to the audience without forcing it on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, we should be aware our responsibility. Although sometimes temptation gets better of us, but we should listen to God’s words and obey his will. Good job, ZoĆ©!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Kauflin "so what does a worship leader do" summary and reflection