chapter 18 "guiding principle"

        Part 3 of Bob Kauflin's "worship Matters" focuses on healthy tensions. Chapter 18, the first part of this section is named "Guiding Principles." Firstly, he says that we can easily get into a pattern in worshiping God. This pattern can result in us doing things, like worshiping God blandly. Kauflin states that God does not give us a strict schedule of worshiping, so instead of always doing the same thing, we should broaden how we worship Him. Kauflin gives his readers 3 principles for ordering our services: 1. Do what God clearly commands, 2. Don't do what God clearly forbids, 3. Use scriptural wisdom for everything else. As you can see, these are pretty broad standards for service. This should give us the freedom of being creative in our worshiping, the way God wants us to.

        I can apply this to my life by trying to add some of these principles to the way I spend my time. I often get bored of something if it is always the same. I can use Kauflin's principles to aide me in ordering my life. I think we should also apply these 9 healthy tensions that he will mention in the future chapters to our personal and spiritual lives.

Comments

  1. I definitely agree that we can apply the healthy tensions he is going to talk about. And I get bored of something too if it's always the same. I actually got a little burnt out with the drumming a few weeks ago, but his principles should guide me through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you chose to focus on the downsides of strictly worshipping God. I do agree that it's so easy to get in a pattern of worshipping God, so much that we take it with almost a grain of salt. It's a good thing that people worship differently, which broadens our perspectives about worshipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you mix the healthy tensions idea with the worship band and the worship music concerning what we should do to have that healthy tension.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Kauflin "so what does a worship leader do" summary and reflection