Chapter 19 and 20
Chapter 19:
The first thing Kauflin talks about in chapter 19 is reverence. He says it is important to be reverent to show respect to God and honor Him. He also says that reverence is essential to worship. I partially agree with this. He says that worship is better when it is formal and every word is carefully chosen and devotedly said, and that casual worship makes us loose sight of who God is. I think that there should be a balance between formality and being casual. I think that being too formal is to restrictive for us to be able to worship God the way we feel is best. But it is also important to keep our respect for God while we worship. He also talks about God not only being transcendent, but also immanent, which means he is near to us.
I can apply this to my life by remembering who God really is and keeping respect for Him. But I should also not feel to constricted to not worship Him the way I choose.
Chapter 20:
In this chapter Kauflin talks about Head and Heart. First, when using our heads, he says that it is more than just singing songs. "We're leading believers in a battle for the truth." This is important because if we just think of it as rehearsing and singing songs, it just becomes another hobby that can also get repetitive. But if we think about it as opening up our hearts to God and to other people, it becomes a mission to show the world who God is.
I can apply this to my life by praying more on my own that the songs we play for others will open thier hearts to God. I think it is important to do this so that it 1) doesn't become repetitive or boring and 2) so we can use our talents to glorify God.
The first thing Kauflin talks about in chapter 19 is reverence. He says it is important to be reverent to show respect to God and honor Him. He also says that reverence is essential to worship. I partially agree with this. He says that worship is better when it is formal and every word is carefully chosen and devotedly said, and that casual worship makes us loose sight of who God is. I think that there should be a balance between formality and being casual. I think that being too formal is to restrictive for us to be able to worship God the way we feel is best. But it is also important to keep our respect for God while we worship. He also talks about God not only being transcendent, but also immanent, which means he is near to us.
I can apply this to my life by remembering who God really is and keeping respect for Him. But I should also not feel to constricted to not worship Him the way I choose.
Chapter 20:
In this chapter Kauflin talks about Head and Heart. First, when using our heads, he says that it is more than just singing songs. "We're leading believers in a battle for the truth." This is important because if we just think of it as rehearsing and singing songs, it just becomes another hobby that can also get repetitive. But if we think about it as opening up our hearts to God and to other people, it becomes a mission to show the world who God is.
I can apply this to my life by praying more on my own that the songs we play for others will open thier hearts to God. I think it is important to do this so that it 1) doesn't become repetitive or boring and 2) so we can use our talents to glorify God.
Comments
Post a Comment