Chapter 21 and 22

Chapter 21:
        In this chapter, Kauflin talks about expression in worship. He gives us an example of this girl named "Susie." People say that Susie is a "real worshiper" because she shows expressiveness. But Kauflin says that there are several possible explanations to this. She might just be looking for attention and comes from an extroverted family. This can be a mask to her worshiping that fools others. What we need to really remember is to truly worship God. We need to remember that people worship God in different ways. Not everybody is going to put their arms up and sing loudly during worship. Keeping this in mind, it is laos important to be expressive when leading worship.

        I can apply this to my life by remembering to be expressive. This is really hard for me because it is not something I am very comfortable with. I am a very introverted person when I am not with people I know, so worshiping with expressiveness is something I need to work on.

Chapter 22:
        In this chapter Kauflin talks about worshiping vertically and horizontally. When he talks about worshiping vertically he says that we need to remember that worship is about God the entire time. This seems pretty obvious but we can get all caught up on how we are playing that we loose sight of what is really going on. When Kauflin talks about worshiping horizontally he says that it is all about that compassion God so much can produce unbiblical distortions. Some people get all caught up in exactly what God is saying that they distort it to be wrong. For example, people say that God saved us for His glory, not for our happiness. This is just one example of how we can distort our view of God.

        I can apply these principles to my life by having a balance of these. I need to remember that worshiping God and leading others in worshiping Him is all about Him, not about how we play or the way we perform. But I should also not overthink it to the point where I distort my image of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bob Kauflin "so what does a worship leader do" summary and reflection